Quick Tips on Pens
How do I clean my pen?
We recommend cleaning your pens on a regular basis to ensure adequate ink flow and nib performance.
- For the nib unit, simply run the nib under tap water until clear water is consistently running through the nib. You may use a small bulb syringe to help expel water through the nib unit to speed up the amount of time needed to thoroughly flush the nib.
- For the pen body, use regular tap water with a squirt of liquid dish soap, like Dawn. Only soak the pen for 20-30 minutes before rinsing and drying. Make sure to use a soft cloth to dry the clip. If you have a more unusual material such as ebonite, be careful about soaking for more than a couple of minutes.
- You may use a small, soft bristled brush like a baby's toothbrush to gently clean the inside of the cap and barrel.
How do I fill my fountain pen using a converter?
- Remove the cap and barrel from the section.
- Remove if there is a disposable cartridge, and insert converter.
- Twist the piston to the bottom.
- Dip nib into the ink bottle submerged to the section edge.
- Twist piston to top position, and back down again to expel any sediment collected in the nib, or air bubbles.
- Slowly twist back to top position.
- Replace barrel and clean the nib.
- You are ready to write. See video for visual.
How do I prepare my pen for eyedroppering?
It is VERY IMPORTANT to apply silicone grease to prevent leaking.
We offer silicone grease here: Silicone Grease page.
Here's how to apply the grease:
How do I change the nib in my pen?
Please watch this quick video: