This edition is now sold out. We're working on the next design already.
***Nominated for PWI Reader's Choice Awards Pen of the Year ! Also is nominated in the Urushi Art Pen category !
Here we present our newest Limited Edition fountain pen. The maki-e artwork was done by Katsunobu Nishihara. Scott Franklin and Katsunobu Nishihara teamed up to design this piece which features the story of the birth of a dragon, freeing itself from its egg shell. The cap features a raden ball as representing the father dragon in the middle of a tornado - creating "twisting dragon winds." There are only to be 51 numbered pieces produced on this modified (cap) version of the Model 03.
- Limited to 51 signed pieces.
- Produced with hand applied platinum powder, raden (mother of pearl), and egg shell.
- 6 layers of urushi in dragon work. (Hira Maki-e style).
- Available with your choice of Franklin-Christoph #6 nib.
- Featured on the cover of the April, 2021 Pen World Magazine.
Smallest point of grip section: .391"
Largest point of grip section: .480"
Barrel center: .512"
Cap center: .575"
Cap length: 2.375"
Nib tip to barrel end: 5.010"
Cap posted full length to nib tip: 6.875"
♦ Lightweight at .65 oz or 18.4 grams (with nib and converter un-inked)
These sold starting at $825 with steel nib up to $915 with gold nib.
Learn more about the maki-e artist Mr. Nishihara here.