Note: The first 31 pieces are sold out, and we are awaiting the final batch of 20. Please email us if you are interested in securing one of these final pieces of the edition with a deposit. Or sign up for the back in stock notice to decide at that time on any available pieces left.
Here we present our newest Limited Edition fountain pen. The maki-e artwork was done by Katsunobu Nishihara. Scott Franklin and Katsunobu Nishihara teamed up to design this piece which features the story of the birth of a dragon, freeing itself from its egg shell. The cap features a raden ball as representing the father dragon in the middle of a tornado - creating "twisting dragon winds." There are only to be 51 numbered pieces produced on this modified (cap) version of the Model 03.
- Limited to 51 signed pieces.
- Produced with hand applied platinum powder, raden (mother of pearl), and egg shell.
- 6 layers of urushi in dragon work. (Hira Maki-e style).
- Available with your choice of Franklin-Christoph #6 nib.
- Featured on the cover of the April, 2021 Pen World Magazine.
Smallest point of grip section: .391"
Largest point of grip section: .480"
Barrel center: .512"
Cap center: .575"
Cap length: 2.375"
Nib tip to barrel end: 5.010"
Cap posted full length to nib tip: 6.875"
♦ Lightweight at .65 oz or 18.4 grams (with nib and converter un-inked)
These sold starting at $825 with steel nib up to $915 with gold nib.